Ocean Encounters Update: Coronavirus on Curaçao
Dear past, present or future friends of Ocean Encounters,
16 March 2020 - We hope this message finds you all happy and healthy during these uncertain and challenging times. Please continue to take care of yourselves and look after one another!
The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak and subsequent world-wide pandemic has impacted all of our lives. Till now, the Caribbean region has not been heavily affected and our “Dushi” island of Curaçao has only 3 confirmed cases. The most up to date situation is available via this link: Coronavirus situation.
Here at Ocean Encounters, we want to re-assure you that we are taking Coronavirus seriously and that we want to do everything we can to keep you and our island community safe. Therefore, we are urging guests to practice good personal hygiene, frequently wash hands, sneeze or cough into your elbow, and avoid shaking hands. If you feel you have any symptoms before traveling to Curaçao, please consult your doctor immediately.
Ocean Encounters has always taken a great deal of pride in providing a quality service and “ultimate dive experience” to our guests, while ensuring their safety, and the safety of our employees, always. With this in mind, we have amended our standard health and safety procedures to include a more stringent protocol, as follows:
- Employees & guests are reminded to wash hands frequently. Signs have been placed in the bathrooms, kitchens, and water stations as friendly reminders.
- Hand sanitizer placed at all shop counters – upon availability.
- Rinse tanks cleaned and disinfected twice daily.
- Mask buckets removed from all boats.
- All counters cleaned & disinfected 3 times daily.
- Guest sitting areas are cleaned & disinfected twice daily.
- All rental equipment is sprayed with disinfectant when given out.
- All rental equipment is placed in large buckets filled with bleach and disinfected upon return.
It is important that our guests have peace of mind because we want you to feel comfortable and confident while enjoying our services. However, be assured that we do understand that cancellations may occur due to change of travel plans, travel restrictions, or personal choice. Therefore, we are offering free rescheduling and gladly welcome you later.
If you do have to cancel for any reason, please contact: [email protected] to find out what our new flexible Cancellation Policy is for your booking.
Once again, we want to reassure you of our dedication to ensure a safe, healthy, and quality dive or snorkel experience. Thank you for your continued support and loyalty. We are looking forward to welcoming you to Ocean Encounters soon.
Visit the Curaçao Tourist Board for the latest information from the Curaçao Department of Health regarding the Corona Virus.