What is a Welcome Dive?
Prior to any boat diving activities, all divers, regardless of experience and level, will do a Welcome dive from shore. If you have a dive buddy you may dive with your buddy, if not you will join a guided Welcome dive.
Reasoning behind the welcome dive:
- Your safety;
- Test your equipment and weights;
- Get acquainted with the Curacao diving environment;
- Enjoy your boat diving and be relaxed with all the above;
- Based on date of last dive and total number of dives we might request you take a short refresher course.
When do you offer the Dolphin Dive?
Dolphin Boat Dives are offered on Mondays and Thursdays at 8:30 AM
Please note that :
- Dolphin Boat Dives are for Certified divers only;
- A Welcome dive is mandatory prior to this boat dive.
What Kind of Boat Diving Trips do you offer?
- 2-tank boat diving every morning to scheduled dive sites;
- 1 tank boat diving in the afternoon to beginner dive sites;
- Special boat diving trips to:
What Kind of snorkel trips do you offer?
We offer daily snorkel trips to dive sites that are suitable for snorkeling and diving:
- Boat snorkeling from a 1-tank boat in the afternoon
We also offer snorkel encounters through our Animal Encounters program at Curacao Sea Aquariam. These encounters can be done by anyone who is 8 years or older *.
* Participant should be in possession of a swimming diploma and has to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Group size: max 6 persons
- Minimum age: 8 years
- Duration: +- 30 minutes
- No dive certifications needed
- Snorkel equipment is included in the price
What kind of Boat Dive Packages do you offer?
- 4 days of boat diving:
- 8 boat dives including unlimited shore diving on package days
- 5 days of boat diving:
- 10 boat dives including unlimited shore diving on package days
- 6 days of boat diving:
- 12 boat dives including unlimited shore diving on package days
- 7 days of boat diving:
- 14 boat dives including unlimited shore diving on package days
- Mushroom Forest and East Point/Klein Curacao
- may be included in your dive package with an add-on fee
What are your boat diving departure times?
- Morning 2-tank boat dives:
- departure at 8:30 AM returning at 12:30 PM
- Afternoon 1-tank boat dives:
- departure at 1:45 PM returning at 3:30 PM
- Night boat dive every Tuesday to the Tugboat
- departure at 6:30 PM returning at 9:00PM
- Mushroom Forest:
- departure at 8:30 AM returning at 3:00 PM
- East Point/Klein Curacao
- departure at 8:30 AM, returning at 3:00 PM
Departure times are subject to change.
Please check exact departure times on arrival at your Ocean Encounters Diving facility from which you will be diving:
What is your Cancellation Policy?
- Within 14 days of arrival - 25% of the agreed rate;
- Within 3 to 7 days of arrival - 50% of the agreed rate;
- Within 48 hours of arrival - 75% of the agreed rate;
- No shows will be charged in full.
What kind of Dive Courses do you offer?
How long do Diving Courses take?
- Discover Scuba Diver - half a day
- Scuba Diver - 2 full days from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Open Water Diver - 4 full days from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, starting on Mondays and Thursdays
- Advanced Open Water - 2 full days from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Nitrox EAN - 1 full day of instruction
- EFR and Rescue Diver - 4 full days 8:30 am -4:30 pm
What is the cost of renting dive/snorkel gear and water sports equipment?
- Tank and Weights - $11 per day
- Weights - $5 per day
- Full Set of Dive Gear - $45 per day (BCD, regulator, wet suit, mask and fins)
- BCD - $15 per day
- Regulator - $15 per day
- Mask, Snorkel, Fins - $17 per day
Prices are excluding 9% sales tax and are subject to change.